Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Best of the Rest
or
88 Lines about 44 Songs

(In order to go easy on internet browsers, this will be broken into four parts)

Part One

44) Adam Arcuragi - Oh I See
Gospel-infused folk that manages to build to a spiritual crescendo.  Having never heard of the guy before this year, I can't wait to see where he goes from here.

43) Yuna - Someone Out of Town
Brooding and haunting, this is one of my favorite chill songs of the year.  Reminds me of that one Imogen Heap song.

42) Lightships - Sweetness is Her Spark
I was likely to enjoy anything by a former member of Teenage Fanclub.  Airy pretty guitars will get me every time.



41) The Avett Brothers - Live and Die
Hooray for banjos.  This song may be the most poppy and feel-good folk song of the year.

40) Mystery Jets - Greatest Hits
For whatever reason, I always enjoy songs that reference a lot of other songs.  It also doesn't hurt that this song has that Kinks-ish Britpop sunniness to it.

39) French Montana - Pop That
What can I say?  Sometimes I like goon rap.

38) Joe Pug - Hymn #76
This is a song to take the edge off.  That's all I have to say about that.

37) Bob Mould - The Descent
Bob Mould remembered how to rock.  This song could fit in on Copper Blue for sure.

36) Passion Pit - Constant Conversations
"Take a Walk" got all the airplay (and the Taco Bell commercial), but I always preferred this song to it.  I guess I just prefer the slow jams.

35) Dum Dum Girls - Lord Knows
This is hauntingly beautiful to me.  Reminds me a bit of that Cowboy Junkies cover of "Sweet Jane."



34) Blur - Under the Westway
This is just classic Blur.  Also, it reminds me of the Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment