Tuesday, December 18, 2012


The Best of the Rest
or
88 Lines about 44 Songs

Part Four

11) Minus the Bear - Lies and Eyes
Like Matt Scheidler, I am a child of the 90's.  That means strong guitars in the alternative style will always work for me.

10) Jack White - Sixteen Saltines
I was a little let down by this Jack White album.  This song, however, is representative of almost everything that Jack White does well.

9) Tanlines - All of Me
I guess this is 80's-ish?  I just think it is crazy danceable.


8) Alabama Shakes - Hold On
Brittany Howard, is like, good at singing.  The blues band behind her isn't too shabby either.

7) Ben Folds Five - Draw a Crowd
When Ben Folds Five is on, there is very little like them.  Even in their mid-30s, they show that they can still be on with this raucous joyous and very, very immature song.

6) CHVRCHES - The Mother We Share
This song is pretty.  That's all.

5) Butch Walker and the Black Widows - Synthesizers
What a chorus.  Oh, and Wooderson is in the video.

4) Electric Guest - This Head I Hold
I think this is my favorite song Danger Mouse has ever produced.  It can sound modern and Motown-y at the same time.

3) Walk the Moon - Anna Sun
Driving, joyous, and catchy.  This is indie pop done right.

2) Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
I'm ok with it if you are.  There's nothing I can say the song you haven't heard before.

1) Kishi Bashi - Bright Whites
I can listen to this song over and over.   And over and over.


Not listed: anything by Owl City

No comments:

Post a Comment